Healthcare Instructor: Phlebotomy Tech/ Medical Assistant
Title: Healthcare Instructor: Medical Assistant Job, Phlebotomy Technician Job
Available Locations: Nationwide
Compensation: $26.50-$33/hr (DOE)
Schedule: Day, weekend & evening hours available
Description: MCS is looking for a responsible, motivated, self-starting, hard-working, outgoing, and knowledgeable candidate to join our instructor team for our fast-track Medical Assistant Program. You will prepare our students with the knowledge, skills, and work ethic required to be a successful healthcare professional. For brief company/program introduction click here to view Youtube video.
· At least ten years experience in the field (or equivalent schooling)
· Knowledge of medical office administrative procedures, medical terminology, veinipuncture, order of draw, specimen collection, ekg/ecg, as well as all other components of an accredited Medical Assistant program
· Relevant teaching experience desired
· Professional attitude & great customer service skills
·The desire to help others succeed in their career goals
· Current credentialed Healthcare professional (CPT, CCMA, RMA, CPR, First Aid, RN, LPN, etc)
-Prepare brief lesson plans, very light filing and paperwork,
-Ensure that all program participants have opportunity to participate in training activities (ie lab, group discussions, etc).
-Dedicate a reasonable amount of time outside of training to make yourself prepared/available for questions regarding training (as necessary).
-Cover entire 5-day Medical Assistant and/or 2-day Phlebotomy curriculum within allotted timeframe.
-Administer practice tests, quizzes, and mock exams.
-Use visual aids as well as other effective methods for instructing (i.e PowerPoint, handouts, pictures, etc).
-Passion for helping and teaching others
-Possess customer service/interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
-Be a self-starter, capable of the necessary hard-work and dedication to see all tasks through to completion.
-Must be team player willing to contribute to the best of your ability to the overall success of the entire team
-Must be responsible and NOT have a need for micro-management
-Must be honest and dedicated
-Must be on-time